Monday, February 27, 2012

Guacamole Recipe


Recipe of the Week:



Guacamole Recipe



½ small onion

2 tbs lime or lemon juice ( I squeeze the juice fresh)



Chop the onion and soak it in the lime or lemon juice while you are mixing the rest of the ingredients. This will weaken the flavor of the onion so it is not overpowering.



4 Avocados

Cilantro to taste ( I usually use half a cup)

1 Roma Tomato

Garlic again to taste (I use 2 cloves)

dash of salt





Nutritional Facts per serving, this makes about 4 servings:



Calories 353 kcal

Carbs 24 g

Fat 30 g

Protein 5 g

Sugar 4 g

Sodium 83 g unsalted, sodium content will very with amount of salt added.





This is a great recipe for guacamole. My friend Heather Wood has been kind enough to let me share it. I know that it might appear to be high in fat, but this is a healthy fat that your body needs. These are all natural ingredients and they are all healthy. It is great with chips, but if you want a healthier option try it with Wasa multi grain crispbreads. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment