Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Juicing continued

In my last blog I wrote that I was going to be experimenting with different juices. I have been doing that for one week now and I can definitely tell you that beet juice is not nearly as tasty as you might think. I did however kill it in the pool the next day. I am not sure that the beet juice and the great swimming performance were related, but I am going to experiment with it further. I have found out that when juicing vegetables, ginger root, carrots, apples and lemons can mask the taste of other veggies that might not be as good in the form of juice. I don't have any exact recipes to share yet, but those will come as I experiment more. Remember for your health it is important to supply your body with an incredible amount of nutrients. This will give your immune system ammunition to fire against disease. Juicing will allow you to do this because you get the nutrients from the veggies without consuming the mass amounts of veggies that you would have to eat to get the same benefit. Well, I have to get a workout in, so until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment